Part Time, Contract Role
- Are you a data analyst who is really excited about finding new ways to analyze and present data about diversity, equity, and inclusion in top organizations?
- Can you speak to the challenges and nuances of data analysis in social sciences research – especially as it relates to DEI?
- Are you extremely detail-oriented and methodical in your approach – not someone who looks for shortcuts or hacks?
- Are you prepared and excited to help build out our data capabilities in Qualtrics?
- Interested in a part-time (10-15 hours a week), flexible, remote role?
Do you bring a strong background in survey data principles, such as:
- Working with raw survey data to produce clean data sets for analysis and reporting
- Conducting statistical tests (such as t-tests, factor analysis, correlation, regression, ANOVA) to analyze data
- Validating quantitative instruments
- Determining the appropriate tests/analysis to answer a given research question and then executing that plan
- Finding creative ways to visualize and present that data so that it can be useful to guide key strategic decisions?
We’re looking for a seasoned pro at survey data analysis with an interest (but not necessarily any direct experience) in DEI work. It’s more important that you’re candid and clear about what you need to learn, grow, and thrive – we’re all here to figure out new ways to do that together.
Please do apply even if you only feel you meet part of those qualifications. Research has shown that some candidates, especially those who are nonwhite and not men, sometimes do not apply to roles unless they feel like they meet all the qualifications. We’re much more interested in building on your strong foundation of data science learning, not ticking boxes on a form.
We would like to encourage you to bring the full benefit of your lived experience to work with us.
We’re The Nova Collective. We work with some of the country’s best companies – and we would love to have you join our team!
Nova is a Black-owned, women-owned company devoted to transforming organizational cultures. Nova works with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) leaders to build equity and achieve meaningful change, no matter where they are on the DEI journey.
People who work well with us have a great sense of humor, even when doing the deepest of work. It’s also extremely important that everyone who joins us has a meaningful understanding of anti-bias work and how to incorporate it into every aspect of their communication.
If you end up working with us in this role, you’ll be taking raw survey data and helping us to extrapolate insights for our clients.
Once you’re fully up and running with the role, you’ll be participating in the conversations and telling the story about it, clear and meaningful, comfortable in speaking it out.
You’ll report directly to our Head of Research, as well as collaborating with our teams (internal and external) to make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive and produce great results.
Potential candidates can submit their experience and interest via email to: email@example.com