- Are you an experienced bookkeeper looking for part-time remote work on a flexible schedule?
- Do you deliver audit-worthy work?
- Excited to be a part of a mission-driven organization with a great group of people?
- Want to play a key role in our financial operations?
If yes – we’re excited to speak with you!
Nova was founded to serve as a holistic DEI partner for our clients, with a focus on building the equitable, inclusive, and justice-minded organizations of the future.
The bookkeeping role will support accounts receivable and accounts payable infrastructure at Nova. This position is a remote role for approximately 20-25 hours per week, with the likelihood of a full time option in 2022.
In this role you will:
- Support Accounts Receivable
- Onboarding new clients in Nova’s systems, track paperwork and records
- Complete client onboarding processes on behalf of Nova
- Create and send client invoices
- Manage past-due invoices and collections
- Audit billables against contracts once per quarter
- Onboard new vendors in Nova’s systems, track paperwork and records
- Receive invoices from vendors and route them for approvals internally
- Process invoices for payment
- Create and distribute monthly expense reports
- Track, tag and enter expenses into QBO
- Run P&L for each closed job, share back with CS team
- Prepare and provide quarterly financial statements to founders
- Find discrepancies and identify issues in QBO
What Nova Expects You To Bring to the Role:
- Your unique point of view, informed by your lived experience
- The desire and humility to unlearn toxic power systems, stay accountable to those who depend on your role, and communicate clear boundaries
- Experience and comfort working in multiracial and multicultural environments
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting and specifically Quickbooks Online
What You Can Leverage from Nova:
- Access to the Ops team, support from Nova’s Accountant, Financial Advisor, and Ops manager
- Investment in quarterly opportunities to expand your skillset (e.g. webinars, training programs, reading materials, speaker series)
- Flexible work location and schedule, depending on needs
- A laptop, plus any other home office needs up to $500, reimbursed at cost
- Rate: $35/hour
- Fully paid (8-hour) days for company-recognized holidays (currently 10 days each year)
- Likely opportunity to transition to full-time in 2022
Potential candidates can submit their experience and interest via email to: email@example.com